Monday, January 19, 2009

Houston, We Have A Problema (by Gwendolyn Zepeda)

I haven't read Gwen's online writing, I don't think really ever, but I've heard her name for years and years. I liked the premise of this book (girl bases life decisions on advice from a fortune teller) and although I think that premise was not realized as fully as it could have been, I didn't mind, because I found the characters and story to be very engaging.

The story hinges on the main character, Jessica, who has conflicts with her career, with men, with her family, and even with her cultural identity. All the conflicts seem very plausible, and Jessica is easy to root for. Better than I was expecting, an enjoyable read, and I would absolutely recommend it to chick-lit fans!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home