I Am Not A Robot: My Year Using AI to Do (Almost) Everything (by Joanna Stern)
The RHC category this time was "a nonfiction book about AI or social media" and I chose this one because I deal with AI too much at work (I am in tech) and at least this one seemed fun. Stern used to be a technical writer for the Wall Street Journal (remember the vending machine that gave away free Playstations? That was her piece).
To me this book feels very choppy, full of extremely short vignettes and experiments that Stern basically gives up on before they get interesting. (I feel like if you handed this assignment to AJ Jacobs, by god, he would commit to it. I missed his level of commitment and depth here.)
There are insightful tidbits throughout - for example, how AI diagnostics can be used to save lives when it comes to mammography, but it can be used to push unnecessary procedures and make dentists richer in dentistry. But overall it just skims the surface of a complex topic and left me shrugging a bit.
Labels: 2026 rhc, kindle, library, memoir, nonfiction


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home