Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Everyone in This Bank Is a Thief (by Benjamin Stevenson)

The book I finished on my Tahoe vacation was the latest in the Ernest Cunningham "fair play mystery" series, Everyone in This Bank Is a Thief.  Cunningham is sort of an accidental detective who keeps getting roped into complicated mystery scenarios.  (He's writing this one before he's actually solved it, while locked in a safe.) 

One twist halfway through based on lack of communication drove me a bit bananas, but luckily it was resolved before the denouement of the book.  On the whole I thought the solution to the mystery was clever and fair and I didn't predict it, which is always a fun outcome.

I'm trying to catch up on my reading goal for the year so this is one of the lighter books I'm sprinkling in. Fun!  

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home