Monday, August 24, 2026

A Good Person (by Kirsten King)

I think this one was recommended on the "Weird Girl Lit" subreddit, or perhaps in a post about unreliable narrators. I didn't remember anything about it except that it sounded interesting, and woo boy is it a wild ride.  

I love a messed up female narrator and ours, Lillian, certainly is that.  Not to spoil anything but she's in a fairly one-sided relationship, trying to get a mediocre man to love her, when he suddenly dies and she finds out more about him that shakes up her perspective.  She's manipulative and narcissistic and basically awful, and being in her head is so, so fun. 

It's a loser's game to try and predict what will end up in the Tournament of Books, but I'd definitely love to see it at least on the longlist.  A very fun read especially if you enjoy "Weird Girl Lit."  

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home