Friday, March 15, 2024

The Librarianist (by Patrick deWitt)

I did it - I read all the Tournament books except the two play-in-round losers.  So I'm almost a completist. (Also my two least favorite books made it through the first round, grr, argh.) 

This one is about a retired librarian named Bob, who lives a quiet life since his wife left him decades before, reading book. He decides to start visiting a neighborhood senior center. We then get flashbacks to his marriage and to his childhood, before a finale in the present.

The childhood flashback was a bit too whimsical and my least favorite part, but I enjoyed everything else and the character study of Bob. I don't think it's one of the top books in the tournament but I did enjoy it, which is not nothing, considering my feelings about SOME of the OTHER BOOKS. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home