Monday, February 26, 2024

Legends & Lattes (by Travis Baldree)

This book kicked off an entire genre - cozy fantasy - that is now a category in the Read Harder Challenge. My friend Gale also told me I must read this, even though fantasy is not my thing.  But between friendship and reading challenges, I made it happen.

It is of course delightfully cozy.  Our lead character, an orc named Val, dreams of retiring from battles and opening a coffee shop. Mild complications ensue, but mostly this is about the assembling of a charming cast of characters, a dash of romance, and general coziness.  There is a prequel which I will probably read, but mostly I want a sequel! I want more time in the world of these characters and their little coffee shop.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home