Monday, May 22, 2023

If I See You Again Tomorrow (by Robbie Couch)

I wasn't a huge fan of Robbie Couch's last book I tried Blaine for the Win, which was about high school football. I also skim-read I Like Me Better over the weekend, which was also about sports, and it made me realize I have zero interest in reading about sports, at least white high school gay boys who do sports and have sports drama. 

But still, this one isn't about sports so I thought I'd move on and try this one! In fact it's about a kid stuck in a time loop, which is such a fun premise and I loved almost everything about it. I loved Clark's whole journey (even though at one point he was frustratingly slow on the uptake) and his relationships with all the side characters and his family. 

The huge thing that was lacking was the love story, which makes the ending completely unearned and out of nowhere.  Like, how about having them... interact? How about that? Anyway, other than that glaring issue, it was a good read!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home