Monday, April 03, 2023

Earthlings (by Sayaka Murata)

Well this was indeed like an amped-up version of Life Ceremony. It was more difficult to read due to explicit depictions of childhood abuse - which at least made all the cannibalism and stuff a little easier to deal with. But it also made it a page-turner, hoping the main character would come out okay.

Sayaka Murata is an unflinching writer, that's all I can say. I much prefer the less-abusey versions of her work, but I was compelled to read all the way to the weird and bitter end.  I eagerly await her next offering.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger jen fu said...

"which at least made all the cannibalism and stuff easier to deal with" made me do an LOL (also, it's Sayaka!)

11:57 AM  
Blogger mo pie said...

Thank you! Hopefully I fixed it. :)

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home