Wednesday, April 12, 2023

All the Bright Places (by Jennifer Niven)

I was looking for something easy to read and this popped up in my holds list, I can't remember why.  But it was serendipidous, because it already had some highlights in it and my "farthest place reached" according to my Kindle app was 22%. So this qualifies as "a book you’ve DNFed (did not finish)" for the Read Harder Challenge!

As for the book itself, it reads like a Wish.com version of The Fault in Our Stars. I cry a lot at the end of books but at the end of this one I felt nothing, despite being manipulated to feel All the Feels. I didn't really connect with the characters, basically hated all the adults, and the romance didn't click for me at all.  John Green did it first and did it better.  No wonder I DNFd it!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home