Friday, March 10, 2023

Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow (by Gabrielle Zevin)

So much buzz for this book and it's a Tournament of Books contender, so I had to give it a go. 

It's about two friends, Sam and Sadie, who bond over videogames and ultimately become video game designers. Their friendship waxes and wanes through the years, mostly because of dumb misunderstandings or Sam being a jackass.  (I loved Sadie throughout the book.) (I did not love Sam.) 

I loved the Pioneers chapter, which may or may not be an unpopular opinion - I'll find out when the ToB discussion happens, I guess! I really did not like "nice guy" Sam by the end and I think I was supposed to feel more sympathy for him but he was really awful towards the end.  Overall a really good, very human story about flawed characters (okay maybe Marx could have had a flaw or two) and an enjoyable read. 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home