Monday, August 03, 2020

He Must Like You (by Danielle Younge-Ullman)

This is about a high school girl working as a server, dealing with sexual harassment and less-than-consensual sexual experiences from her past, as well as a mentally ill father.  I was thinking about how to review this book since I read it with this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach the whole time, but I think it's just that it was triggering, as this hits really close to the experience of a loved one.

I found the father the most difficult character to deal with in many ways, and probably my therapist could walk me through it and tell me why. It's a good book and does a great job tackling these issues in very real and complex ways.  It was a hard read for me though.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home