Friday, March 27, 2020

The Magical Art of Tidying Up (by Marie Kondo)

Okay yes, some of this is a little woo for my tastes. But I already did the KonMari method on my bags and it really did work! I got rid of almost all of them and I could absolutely tell which did and did not spark joy.

The teardowns on Goodreds are priceless though, like this one from Laurie Notaro:

I laughed out loud four times reading this book. Otherwise, it's the ravings of a lunatic. Funniest moments include the author bursting into tears when she discovers a smudge of bathroom slime on the bottom of her shampoo bottle and that she believes if you have 80 rolls of toilet paper in your house, you are a hoarder instead of a Coscto member. This is a woman who has her entire bookshelf in her clothes closet; if I walk into your house and you do not have 200 books laying around that you haven't read yet, I simply don't trust you as a human being.

I do want (and need) to do some decluttering, but I solemnly swear to take Kondo with a grain of Japanese sea salt.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home