Sunday, February 11, 2018

The Wedding Date (by Jasmine Guillory)

Not only does The Wedding Date fit a Read Harder Challenge category ("Romance by or about a person of color") and not only has it been getting great reviews, it was also written by a friend of a friend.  Fortunately, it is also great!

This is a romance about Alexa and Drew, who meet cute in an elevator. Alexa is black and Drew is white -- this fact is not ignored but is also not the main focus of their love story. This novel is just the right amount of sexy, charming, romantic, sexy, fun, and sexy. 

A meta note: I read this in one day (as I did with Class Mom) but not sure this qualifies as a "one-sitting book" for challenge purposes since I did, you know, do other things in between.  I will hold off for now and plan to use this category for something I truly read in one sitting (say on an airplane) but reserve the right to retcon this.

Anyway, The Wedding Date! Read it! 

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

This seemed like a book I would love, but it was more of a like. I never really connected with the characters-they both seemed a bit shallow to me. I loved the setting though-going between LA and San Francisco. I was visiting my sister in LA when I was reading it, so that was fun.

7:31 PM  
Blogger mo pie said...

Thanks for sharing! Yeah I can see that -- they were a bit shallow, now that you mention it, but I didn't mind too much :) It would make a good romcom!

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home