Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Space Case (Moon Base Alpha #1) (by Stuart Gibbs)

I discovered this series when I was looking for a read for this Read Harder Challenge category: "The first book in a new-to-you YA or middle grade series."

This incredibly fun book is "a murder mystery on the moon" starring a 12-year-old boy named Dashiell who is a member of the first moon colony in 2040.  Both his parents are scientists and his whole family is on the moon for three years. When a fellow colonist steps out of an airlock and dies, Dashiell becomes convinced it's murder -- and tries to investigate.

I actually was reading another book set on the moon, Artemis by Andy Weir, and put it down in favor of Space Case.  Then I immediately downloaded Space Case #2, which I'l probably also read before I get back to Artemis. Given how much I enjoy Weir, that's a compliment to Stuart Gibbs! Fun read.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home