Monday, October 12, 2009

The Guinea Pig Diaries (by A.J. Jacobs)*

Another audiobook, this one read by Jacobs himself, which is very fun, because I love his slightly nerdy voice. It's a little bit of a hodgepodge, because he's collecting experiments he's done over the years, and not quite in chronological order, so there's no real throughline as there is with his other two books, where he spent a year doing each project.

But the experiments themselves are awesome. I seriously spent the whole chapter on outsourcing fantasizing about what I might be able to outsource. Grading? Blog entries? Writing my young adult novel? I did recently save myself a lot of pain by outsourcing the painting of our house. That went well.

Anyway, the book. It definitely left me wanting more, and I enjoyed listening to it. And now I have to go back to grading, because I haven't yet outsourced it, and I'm going to stop typing...

2 Comments:

Blogger A.J. Jacobs said...

Thanks Mo! I'm delighted you liked it. And also, thanks for calling my voice only slightly nerdy. I usually get full-on nerdy.
AJ

5:58 PM  
Blogger K said...

Ooh, cool, comment by the author!

I saw a review of "The Know-it-All", thought it sounded good and promptly forgot about it... perhaps I'll go looking.

I have to ask, but what was the guinea pig connection? Was it just because these are about experiments? (I have three guinea pigs and you'd be surprised how often you notice the phrase when you own some...)

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home