Saturday, March 21, 2009

Shopaholic and Baby (by Sophie Kinsella)

Fluffy, ridiculous, blah di blah. Fun to read, but I can see the point of negative Amazon reviews, such as:
But now, the main character, Becky Bloomwood, is just annoying and irresponsible. The foreign bank accounts, credit cards, etc. are just ridiculous. Her husband has become a joke. What man, of any means, would put up with this amount of lying and trickery. I realize that there are people out there who have shopping disorders such as this, but it's an addiction. I think that the next book should be Shopaholic and Therapist.

It definitely requires a huge suspension of disbelief, because in real life, I couldn't stomach Becky's compulsive lying and complete inability to face reality. Luckily it's a book! So I just say la la la to myself and forget about it as soon as I turn the last page. Still, this reviewer has a point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home