Sunday, March 08, 2009

Shopaholic Ties the Knot (by Sophie Kinsella)

At some point this weekend, I realized I need to start studying for the lit GRE, as it is in less than a month. So the odds are I will read nothing but fluff until April 4! Like these books!

This one was good; it made me laugh a lot. Of course, the main character is not only ridiculous about money but also a compulsive liar; the idea that someone rational would want to marry her is kind of a stretch. Also, the solution to the central conflict was obvious from the very beginning, and in fact could have been solved way more easily than it was.

Still, I loved little things like her buying the canoe, and the details of the wedding were fun to read. I'm a sucker for weddings, I guess! That also reminds me that we've been going through wedding pictures this weekend too---very fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home