Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Why Moms Are Weird (by Pamela Ribon)

Another book from our own Pamie! She’s a franchise, now, right? I tore through this book as quickly as I did the last one; it's another page-turner and a lot of fun to read. I think it’s really interesting the way Pam writes characters and dialogue. Each character and line of dialogue is always a little left of center. Nobody behaves the way you’d exactly expect them to, and as a result, the characters can’t be pigeonholed or predicted. For example, as far as the love interests went, I couldn’t tell who the main character (Benny) was going to end up with, or even if she would end up with either of them, since they were both kind of Why Boys Are Weird… and explaining more would be a spoiler, so I guess you’ll just have to go read it for yourself and see what you think!

Incidentally, I bought this at the Barnes & Noble in Berkeley, and the last time I was in there was with Pamie herself—I remember we stopped in after brunch and saw Why Girls Are Weird on the shelf. I’m not sure why that’s important, but it seemed Emblematic of something. Congratulations to Pam for getting another book on that Berkeley Barnes & Noble shelf, among many others. It’s an awesome accomplishment.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home