Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Lost and Found (Carolyn Parkhurst)

By the author of Dogs of Babel, which I've not read. I was intrigued by this one because it's about the participants on an Amazing Race ripoff reality show. My big "complaint" is that I wish it had been longer, and gone into great depths on more characters. But the characters that are covered (notably Abby, Justin, Cassie, Laura, and Juliet) have a lot of depth to them, their stories are interesting and unpredictable, and the book as a whole is well written. One of the couples on the show are a married "ex-gay" couple spreading the Lord's word, for example, and their trajectory is really interesting. The reality show angle makes it fun for me, as a huge Amazing Race fan. I wanted it to be thicker, denser, and more. I guess that's kind of a complaint in the way of a compliment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home