Friday, July 07, 2006

Twelve Sharp (by Janet Evanovich)

I read an interview with Janet Evanovich recently where she basically admitted that her books were formulaic fluff, but was like "what the hell, this fluff made me rich and successful, people like it, I'm gonna stick with the formula!" I loved Twelve Sharp, and it's exactly what this series usually does, but it's done very well. The love triangle (which needs some new developments if you ask me), Lula's wackiness (she joins a band, and it's hilarious), some sex (the scenes in the sex shop are priceless), and a big bad that threatens Steph (I don't want to give too much away, because I think this plot is one of the best in the whole series). A fast, breezy, fun read, and if you're not afraid of formulaic fluff, you can't really do better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home