Monday, October 24, 2005

The Penultimate Peril (by Lemony Snicket)

These books take about seven seconds to read, don't they? Probably not many people have read it yet, though, since it just came out, so I will refrain from excessive spoilers, just must say I love the Hotel Denouement and wanted to see much more of it.

I feel like I missed some important clues along the way. I don't really feel like I understand the VFD, but reviews I have read are talking about how much is explained in this book. This is what happens when you skip half the books. (The early books are too formulaic for me to read.)

Anyway I liked the last one because stuff happened in it. I liked this one, I think, because stuff also happened. I like that the lines between good and evil are getting a little fuzzy; moral ambiguity is always good. But I don't know, it wasn't very satisfying. It was more like a setup for book thirteen, god only knows when that one will show up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home