Sunday, September 25, 2005

Lost in a Good Book (by Jasper Fforde)

I read this one to solidify my feelings about The Eyre Affair and I enjoyed it much more. I can take the romance stuff, which annoyed me to no end in the first book, as read. Beyond that, the premise is very interesting. Havisham is great, the Cheshire Cat is great, and the plot developments with Thursday are also great. The jar of beans, I love. The footnotes are clever.

The only problem is that it ends in a cliffhanger! So now I have to get the next one right away; I hope the library has it. I also wonder if the fact that Landen writes books is going to factor in. It almost has to, don't you think?

1 Comments:

Blogger K said...

That does it - I have to read some Jasper Fforde to find out what you're talking about.

(I am commentally deprived at the moment, because I have a livejournal identity but have forgotten what it is. Hence this rather contentless comment. Must sort out. I still like you!)

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home