Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Journal Quote of the Day

"Also, maybe I wasn't reading carefully enough, but I don't quite get the connection between Starbuck and coffee. First of all, it's pretty distracting having a character named 'Starbuck' around; the whole time I was trying not to think about espressos and Cylons. For that matter, 'Ahab' is weird too. Subconsciously, you expect the characters to realize Ahab is a monomaniacal nut. I mean, he's called 'Captain Ahab' -- isn't that a bit of a giveaway?"

From Montykins.

1 Comments:

Blogger K said...

Hee hee hee.

But - the burning question - what do you think of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince? Have you had time to read it yet?

My little brother (aged 20) queued up at midnight to get it, thus edging ahead of me in the geekitude stakes. We went on holiday the next day, and I read it as soon as he had finished. He and I then had to go off into the woods to talk about it, so that we wouldn't let vital plot points slip in my sister's hearing...

4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home