Friday, January 12, 2024

Yes & I Love You (by Roni Loren)

Read for the RHC category "romance with neurodivergent characters." (I actually started The Heart Principle for this category but DNF when the plot changed halfway through and I did not want to read about someone being gaslit by their horrible family for hundreds of pages.) 

Yes & I love you is about Hollyn, who has Tourette's, and her neurodivergence is meaningfully incorporated into the plot and handled extremely well. I'm not a huge romance reader but this was enjoyable - instead of constant miscommunication, the leads communicated openly and the obstacles were real, not manufactured by the plot.  

There's also a throughline about improv (hence the title) and Hollyn using it to get our of her comfort zone (and also hook up with the hot improv instructor).  Recommended for romance fans!


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home