Tuesday, October 24, 2023

The Tokyo Zodiac Murders (by Soji Shimada)

The Japanese murder mystery kick continues! This one is formatted as two friends talking about, and then trying to solve, a notorious series of murders 40 years previously. A lot of the book is just the dialogue between these characters, a detective and a Watson-style sidekick. But the structure was fun and I particularly enjoyed parts where the author challenges the reader to solve the murder, insisting all the clues are there, and even gives a list of questions to which you can guess the answers.

I guessed nothing right but enjoyed the twist and the resolution. I felt it could have had more emotional impact but I enjoyed the reveal of the killer very much and it was a page-turner as I raced to find out whodunnit!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home