Friday, August 05, 2022

The Cases That Haunt Us (by John E. Douglas)

John Douglas (of Mindhunter fame) discusses famous unsolved crimes, and applies his own profiling skills to each one of them. Yes, he's a bit egotistical (there's a "what would I have done differently" section on each crime and he's real invested in John and Patsy Ramsey being innocent) but still a fun dive into the world of true crime.  And having read up on all of these cases before, I will share John's opinion on each one, and what I, the true expert, think.

  • Jack the Ripper:
    • John: David Cohen or an unknown person
    • Mo: I was convinced and agree with his assessment
  • Lizzie Borden
    • John: Lizzie did it
    •  Mo: Oh, 100%
  • Zodiac Killer
    • John: maybe, but not definitely, Arthur Leigh Allen
    • Mo: god, they were so close to catching whoever it was.... agree though
  • the Black Dahlia
    • John: no definite conclusion
    • Mo: Leslie Dillon, as argued by Piu Eatwell
  • the Boston Strangler
    • John: not DeSalvo
    • Mo: he convinced me here too
  • JonBenet Ramsey
    • John: John and Patsy are innocent!!!1!! it was an unknown intruder
    • Mo: his unknown intruder scenario is definitely possible, but I still lean towards Burke Ramsey (John Douglas doesn't even acknowledge this theory)

I still hold out hope that DNA evidence and geneology will help us solve one or more of these crimes in my lifetime!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home