Saturday, November 27, 2021

If the Shoe Fits (by Julie Murphy)

The premise of this is, like The Charm Offensive, a Bachelor-style reality show. This one is essentially a retelling of Cinderella with a plus-sized heroine, shoe designer Cindy, who goes on the show (run by her not-so-evil stepmother) to try and get her fashion brand off the ground.

Cindy was a great and very rootable character.  I did not get good sense of romance from our leads, however - good chemistry, but nothing deeper beyond that - and the ending falls flat for me as a result. I liked Cindy and her choices but it did feel too fairy-tale for me. Would Henry never even think twice about dating a fat girl on TV? Why would they not have any kind of conversation about how the show was going to play out? 

Maybe this was all deliberate, but I wanted to root for the central couple more.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home