Thursday, November 11, 2021

Lucy & Desi: The Legendary Love Story of Television's Most Famous Couple (by Warren G. Harris)

Not tagged "library" because I actually went ahead and purchased this after having it on my wishlist for several years! And I finished it yesterday, just in time to see the horrifying trailer of Nicole Kidman (OH GOD WHY) trying to be Lucy in a biopic. Javier Bardem is also completely wrong for Desi Arnaz. Like, what is this casting. 

Anyway, this biography was an interesting read for Lucy fans, although it is somewhat dated (it was written in 1991 and you can tell) and completely devoid of sources. There are lots of quotes but I was very curious what the sources of some of them were. Especially some conversations just between Desi and Lucy that are rendered in dialogue. Who reported this dialogue?

Anyway this mostly made me want to reread The I Love Lucy Book, one of my favorites from childhood that goes episode by episode through the series.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home