Wednesday, September 22, 2021

The Key to You and Me (by Jaye Robin Brown)

More queer YA? Who would have guessed! Other than everyone.

(As an aside, I love how every queer YA now advertises itself as "perfect for fans of Becky Albertalli." I did love Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda. Did not love Leah on the Offbeat. I am going off on this tangent because I also did not love The Key to You and Me.)

I didn't dislike it as much as the Goodreads crew or even notice some of the problematic elements they pointed out, and I actually like that it avoids the "major misunderstandings" trope by having the main characters actually communicate! But otherwise, kind of lackluster. I did finish it, which is a good sign, but was left feeling.... it's fine I guess?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home