Monday, October 05, 2015

Acceptance (by Jeff VanderMeer)

The pleasurable ookiness trilogy is now complete! The ending was ambiguous, as expected, and so I went down a rabbit hole of fascinating theories on Goodreads and I like it even more now.

I do admit the second and third did not match the page-turning creepiness of the first; Annihilation is still my favorite of the three. But I enjoyed the shifting perspectives in Acceptance, and I liked the final revelations about the biologist, the lighthouse keeper, and the psychologist, among others. I loved the final few images too.

So go in expecting not to have all the mysteries solved, and see what you think. If you like Annihilation, in my opinion, the trilogy is worth seeing through to the end.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home