Monday, October 16, 2006

Book 100

I think Finnegans Wake might have broken me. I'm still on page 10. I know the idea is to let the words flow over me even if they don't make sense but... they don't make sense. That's seven hundred pages of nonsense. Can that be my review? Finnegans Wake is 700 pages worth of nonsense. The end.

I have read 99 of these books; I have suffered through Look Homeward, Angel and Atlas Shrugged. How can I give up now?

In the meantime, I have shifted focus over to the Time 100 list, since Ian seems to have many of those books on his shelf. I'm reading The Big Sleep right now, in fact. At least my entire reading project won't grind to a standstill as I struggle with this moral quandary about book number one hundred.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Time list has many "penis-ey" books on it! It's a mixed bag but there are some of my favorites on it.

10:08 AM  
Blogger mo pie said...

They had me at Pale Fire!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Minoa said...

Maybe if you drink the words will flow over you faster?

12:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The Rand books make me think that I will never read all 100 books on the Radcliffe list, but when you're so close to 100 you HAVE to finish.

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. WTF is all I could think as I tried to follow whatever that was on "page 10". Makes me wonder how drunk was the person that chose this book for that list. Purl said being that close you have to finish, but I cannot possibly see how you could without causing an aneurysm or something. Again, wow. Just wow.

6:59 AM  
Blogger mo pie said...

Anon, I was lost too until I got "The Skeleton Key." That book helps it make sense... and then it starts to feel like a puzzle, and then it starts to become fun. Don't give up!

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home