Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Madly, Deeply: The Diaries of Alan Rickman (Alan Rickman)

I read an excerpt from Rickman's diaries in the Guardian and as a fan, was interested enough to read the whole thing. For some reason I got the idea beforehand that he wanted his diaries published; in fact, nobody is claiming that, exactly, but he does seem to be writing for some kind of an audience at times.

This diary is extremely long and also extremely samey - a lot of name-dropping and not a lot of details about anything. Especially disappointing when it comes to some of my favorite films featuring Rickman: Sense and Sensibility and Love Actually. (He does talk quite a bit about Harry Potter by comparison; then again, there were eight movies.) 

I was engaged enough in his voice and the tiny tidbits of his life to keep reading to the end, but I would only recommend the diary for die hard (lol) Rickman fans.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home