Friday, December 02, 2022

Just Eat It (by Laura Thomas)

The subtitle of this book is "How intuitive eating can help you get your shit together around food" and that captures the - sorry - flavor of this book pretty well. Laura Thomas is trying to be all hip and relatable and swears a lot, but she also dismantles diet culture effectively and has messages I really needed to read as I emerge into a new, healthier relationship and mindset around food.

She is from the UK (and I had to buy this book on paper because there's no e-book version at any of my libraries) but the principles are universal.  I loved the insight that nutrition should be additive - adding fiber or veggies or whatever into your diet is supportive and healthy, trying to exclude foods or deprive yourself of foods leads to binging and yo-yo dieting and all kinds of badness.

I kept a journal while reading this and I'm sure I'll refer to it often. And I have to say over the course of reading this book, I've gotten a lot better about listening to my body and being nice to myself about it. Excellent reading experience.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home