Monday, September 26, 2022

The It Girl (by Ruth Ware)

I'm in the middle of reading an overly long, overly writery, quite depressing memoir for the Read Harder Challenge - it's good, but I have to do it a few chapters at a time. I took a break to start The It Girl when my library offered me a "skip the line" seven-day loan, and of course, it's Ruth Ware, so once I picked it up I couldn't put it down. I love a good mystery to tear through on a lazy Sunday!

Not to say too much about the whodunit of it all, but I think it's quite a fair play mystery - the clues are definitely there to find.  I saw some complaints that the pacing was a little loose and the middle part was too long, but it was such a page-turner (and a refreshing change from the other book I have going) that it wasn't a problem for me.  

If you like modern thrillers with a bit of an Agatha Christie feel, I definitely recommend it!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home