Tuesday, December 08, 2020

Today Tonight Tomorrow (by Rachel Lynn Solomon)

Yes! This was a charming and super funny contemporary YA novel. Two high school seniors who have been half-bitter, half-bantery rivals for four years participate in a treasure hunt around the city of Seattle on the last day of school. They end up teaming up and of course, romance ensues! With many feels and some nice layers of complexity. Very very good, and extremely well-written.

As a side note, the Read Harder Challenge for 2021 is out! I feel like "read a book with a cover you don't like" is a repeat challenge but that's fine. I'm already starting to choose books for the categories so if you have recommendations, leave 'em in the comments! "Read a book you’ve been intimidated to read" is an interesting category. People are choosing stuff like Ulysses or Infinite Jest (read 'em) but I don't think I am intimidated by literaryness. Instead I may choose something that intimidates me because it's emotionally difficult to engage with. Just Mercy was intimidating for sure! Something along those lines maybe.

I also look forward to see what they recommend, even though sometimes their recommendations are a bit off, which is so weird since they designed the challenges. But hooray anyway!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home