Friday, December 11, 2020

Exit Strategy and Network Effect (by Martha Wells)

Murderbot is back! Exit Strategy is the fourth novella in the Murderbot Diaries series by Martha Wells and kind of wraps up the first big plot arc. (Where does Murderbot belong, and with whom.) This was a really good one, with a conclusion that is both very satisfying and leaves the door open for a lot more. I immediately moved on to Network Effect, which is the fifth book and first full-length novel in the series.

It's great to have a novel-length Murderbot story; it works just as well on a larger scale, and I loved the relationships in this one. I saw some people (on Metafilter, maybe) saying this series was their favorite read of the year. I don't think it will end up in my very top, but then again maybe! It is really really delightful, if you're a sci-fi fan.

I so far have resisted the urge to start on Read Harder 2021, specifically the novel-length, really intriguing Killing Eve fanfiction I have discovered. Move over Johnlock, it's time for Villaneve!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home