Sunday, January 26, 2020

Followers (by Megan Angelo) plus bonus

I read This Is How You Lose the Time War last year, and realized I completely forgot to blog it or put it on my list, so here it is now: this sci-fi novella by Amal-El Mohtar and Max Gladstone is an amazing, strange, beautiful, romantic story about warring time travelers. It's strange but great.

And Followers is also strange and great; speculative fiction featuring storylines from 2016 and 2051 that ultimately intersect. It's funny and wise about the ways in which technology controls our lives and relationships. I'm not sure how I feel about the ending but I keep turning it over in my mind

I may as well also toss in here that I started Oval for the Tournament of Books, a speculative fiction novel that did not compel me, so I gave it up. It's in the play-in against two books I liked better, so I feel good about my choices there.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home