Monday, November 18, 2019

Case Histories (by Kate Atkinson)

I've been meaning to read the Jackson Brodie mystery series forever, because I love Kate Atkinson's writing and mystery is a genre I really enjoy.

This is billed as a set of case histories of different crimes, which end up being intertwined. I was expecting a big aha moment at the end, but it's more like they coincidentally touch on each other. Not that there's secretly one killer who did all the crimes or anything like that. So the marketing kind of led me astray here.

The individual mysteries are very good, although the one about Michelle (the ax murder) was less compelling than the other two and even more tangential. They are quiet, more character studies than sleuthing.  But Atkinson's writing is so good, it's easy to take it and enjoy it for what it is.

I will be continuing the series, although now I have an entire longlist to catch up on.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home