Sunday, November 17, 2019

Maybe in Another Life (by Taylor Jenkins Reid)

An airplane read that I read once my trip was over, in the fallow period before the Tournament of Books longlist is released.

This is a Sliding Doors-esque novel that begins pretty much the same way Sliding Doors ends. I love Sliding Doors (and Gwyneth's accent in Sliding Doors, and the fact that it has a scene where one character is cracking up his friends by quoting Monty Python, a form of quote-based comedy that happens all the time in real life but never in movies).

I digress. I enjoyed the main character's journey and the fact that this was basically two romcoms in one.  It's interesting watching certain things come to pass in both timelines, suggesting there is an element of fate or destiny, but also other things diverge in unexpected ways. A very fun read.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home