Monday, April 08, 2019

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (by Alan Bradley)

I had this on my list because of the "cozy mystery" category of the Read Harder Challenge, and even though I already checked off that category, I'd heard enough about the Flavia de Luce novels to think I might enjoy them.

Narrated by a brilliant, Sherlockian 11-year-old, this mystery involved post-war traipsing around the English countryside, stamp collecting, and an intimate understanding of chemistry. Even the nicknames of her sisters -- Daffy and Feely -- are so freaking English. I suspended disbelief about Flavia being 11 and enjoyed the atmosphere and the unfolding of the mystery. 

I'm not sure how Flavia is going to get involved in more mysteries but I'll definitely add the next novel in this series to my library list.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home