Sunday, March 31, 2019

Spin (by Robert Charles Wilson) and The Hating Game (by Sally Thorne)

I finished two books recently, both genre fiction, and my thoughts on each are relatively brief, so here's a two-for-one post.

Spin (by Robert Charles Wilson)

A long sci-fi novel with a fascinating premise and a drippy main character. The female characters are not rendered well. I should have bailed on this one but I was expecting the narrator to jet off to Mars any second now. (Spoiler: he does not jet off to Mars any second now.)

The Hating Game (by Sally Thorne)

A romantic comedy about two coworkers who really, really, really hate each other and are competing for the same job. I'm sure you can guess where it goes from there. The characters are delightful, especially our lead character, Lucy. The book is sexy and fun and seems quite popular on Goodreads. A cute workplace romance!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home