Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I, Claudius (by Robert Graves)

I feel like I've been reading this book forever. Not sure why it took me so long; the distractions of the end of the semester, I suppose. Multiple people got very excited upon hearing that I was reading this; they all mentioned the miniseries, too. Plus it's on numerous lists of great books (which was of course my motivation for picking it up in the first place).

I enjoyed it, but was slightly underwhelmed after all the hype. It's quite good, certainly; I want to read the next volume, and I kept thinking back to the time I've spent in Rome, and wanting to go back and revisit all the imperial ruins. And of course before that, to know what the real history of the times was. It's very good. I'm just not totally won over and I'm not sure why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home