Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A Friend For Keeps: The Club #2 (by Patricia Aks)

When I was a kid, I had a library of young adult books that I would read over and over again. They ranged in quality from good to incredibly dippy. I still bring them with me wherever I go for comfort reading. One of the incredibly dippy ones is called The Club and I like it partly because of its dorkiness. This shy girl goes to boarding school, joins a secret club, and comes out of her shell. I must have read it at least fifty times, especially since it takes about forty-five minutes to read. So when I found out there was a sequel, I had to order it and read it! It is equally dippy, and yet the twelve-year-old inside me was very excited. And so here it is, on my reading list. I am so sophisticated.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally had The Club #1.
Oh, wait. I think I still have it!

10:17 PM  
Blogger mo pie said...

Oh my god, someone else has heard of this book! It's a miracle!

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home