Monday, January 16, 2006

Murder on the Orient Express, by Agatha Christie

While I was in Paris, jet lag woke me up early one morning at around three, and so I read this entire novel in the wee hours of the morning. I knew the ending, of course, because there are references to it everywhere; it's like Rosebud. But I enjoyed seeing how it played out nonetheless, and the ultimate resolution was a surprise after all in several small ways. I don't want to say too much, in case someone, my some miracle, isn't spoiled. But anyway, a very fun and quick read, even in the pre-dawn hours.

2 Comments:

Blogger mo pie said...

I have the Murder of Roger Ackroyd next, as it was the one my friend recommended the most highly. So now it's double recommended!

12:12 PM  
Blogger K said...

I haven't read either of them, so I'm glad you didn't give away the ending! (I generally only read Agatha Christie when staying with my great-aunt. She lives in an old house in a country village. You would think this would be too close to the typical Christie setting for comfort, but apparently not.)

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home