Saturday, February 12, 2005

Ten Big Ones (by Janet Evanovich)*

The tenth book in a series of fun, fluffy books about Jersey-girl bounty hunter Stephanie Plum. Total guilty pleasure, like the alphabet series by Sue Grafton.

I listened to this one, which was a surreal experience, not quite like reading it on the page. For one thing, the file I have kept skipping around. (That's what I get for not using Audible.) So I ended up going to the bookstore and reading the parts I'd missed. For another thing, the girl who reads it has sort of an annoying voice. She's good, but her voice irritated me, especially the way she'd draw out the last word of every sentence. And her deep voices that she did for the men, while totally par for the course, really did negate their sex appeal.

So I don't think I'd choose Audiobook for any of the other books in this series. But that said, as far as the book itself goes, I liked this one. I liked the Ranger's apartment scenes, I liked that she's slighty more competent, and I liked that she stood up to Morelli who wants her to give up bounty hunting and be a housewife. I mean, are you kidding me with this?

The usual fun read. I enjoyed it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I listened to one of the earlier books on audio tape from the library. The reader was Debi Mazar, and she was fabulous! Sadly, I don't think she has recorded any more Stephanie Plum books.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home