Friday, December 08, 2023

Against White Feminism (by Rafia Zakaria)

My final book for the Read Harder Challenge, and unlike Pleasure Activism, this book exceeded all my expectations! 

This book is not anti-white people, it is anti-white supremacy. Zakaria argues persuasively that the modern feminist movement is irrevocably underpinned with whiteness. (Even the framing of first-, second- and third-wave feminism - those are the waves of white, Western feminism.) (She also feels the way I do about choice feminism, which is negatively.)

It challenged and educated me, and I think it's a must-read for anyone trying to be a feminist. I consider intersectionality an essential part of my feminism but this still opened my eyes to a lot of blind spots I've had and undoubtedly will continue to have.

Read this one!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home