Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Those Who Leave and Those Who Stay (by Elena Ferrante)

Previously.

My friend aych, Ferrante-enabler, gave me the next volume of the Neapolitain novels and of course, once again, I devoured it. For her, the third was her favorite -- I think I still prefer the second, although the ending of this one is killer and being me, I did enjoy the explicit feminist themes throughout.

I love what Ferrante does with titles -- there is always a twist, where you think the title refers to one thing but at the end it refers to something else. She's good, that Elena Ferrante. And of course, as usual, the end of this one leaves me dying to know what happens next. Aych, where is the fourth volume please.

I feel like I don't want to say too much about this one because spoilers. But I will say that so far I'm really enjoying the series and recommend it to those on the fence about it.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been wondering about this series. I'd heard it was very popular, but then the Goodreads reviews were sort of "meh." I'll put the first one on my "want to read" list (with its 1000 cousins -- ha, ha.)

7:44 AM  
Blogger mo pie said...

I woudn't call it a must-read series, honestly, I think the second one was the best and the end was somewhat unsatisfying. But still good! But not like OMG AMAZING, to me.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home