Thursday, October 23, 2014

Isla and the Happily Ever After (by Stephanie Perkins)

This is another novel in the Anna and the French Kiss series by Stephanie Perkins. (It follows Lola and the Boy Next Door, which I actually have on my Kobo app, but I've forgotten my Kobo password and thus have not yet read it. So it goes.)

Like Anna, it's set in a Parisian boarding school for rich American students. The main characters of Anna and Lola make extended, somewhat awkward cameo appearances. But otherwise it's a great read: Isla is a delightful character, and the progression of her romance with Josh isn't formulaic or predictable, so it feels fresh. The obstacles in the way of their relationship make perfect sense and again, aren't predictable.

I also loved Isla's friendship with her best friend Kurt; it's a relationship unlike any I've read about before in the genre. And her bitchy sister is a little over the top but still fun. Overall I think I preferred it to Anna and the French Kiss; a fun read.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home