Friday, March 14, 2014

Attachments (by Rainbow Rowell)

I enjoyed Eleanor & Park and Fangirl so much that I decided to read her first book, written in 2011 but set in 1999, about an IT guy whose job it is to read his company's flagged email, and the women whose email conversations intrigue him a little too much.

This is a fun, fast read, and I enjoyed the flashback to the internet world of 1999. It's set at a newspaper and right before Y2K, so the setting isn't gratuitous, it's necessary as a driver of the plot. I found the character of Lincoln (the protagonist) incredibly appealing. It didn't necessarily wrap up in any sort of realistic way, but it was still satisfying.

Love Rainbow Rowell, will keep reading her stuff.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

After reading this post, I realized I read this a while ago. Recently I read Fangirl and Eleanor and Park, so I thought I would read Attachments-I was ahead of myself! I had forgotten the title, so this was the first of her books I read. I enjoyed this one a lot, I found all the characters likeable, and some of the emails between the friends made me laugh out loud.

3:35 PM  
Blogger mo pie said...

Yes, very charming! I'll have to look and see if she's written anything else--embarrassingly, I don't know! Probably? :)

4:49 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Looks like Rowell's fourth book, "Landline," comes out on July 8, FYI!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18081809-landline

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home