Tuesday, January 08, 2013

The Woman Who Died a Lot (by Jasper Fforde)

As soon as I saw someone on Twitter mention that there was a new Thursday Next book, I immediately clicked "download" on my Kindle. (I almost never am willing to pay the "hardcover" Kindle price, but for Thursday, I will make an exception.) I love this series so much.

I really love the mindworm plotline (which was cleverly done here, as usual--Fforde is always clever) and I love Thursday's kids Friday and Tuesday, and all plotlines involving Friday and time travel, and Tuesday and her genius. I enjoy Thursday's love/hate relationship with Phoebe Smalls and the idea of the Day Players. I think Aornis Hades is a way better antagonist than Jack Schitt, but I guess we get them both here. I love Thursday as a character and she and Landen as a couple, I think it's a really good entry in the series, and I recommend the whole series to any book nerds out there.

This one ends on a semi-cliffhanger involving (character names spoilered) Pickwick and probably Jenny that made me really interested in the next book. I kind of feel like this one is better than the last one, and the next one will be even better. (I still adore First Among Sequels and think it would be hard to top that one.)

YAY FFORDE!

(I should get around to finishing Shades of Grey someday, shouldn't I?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home